Monday, June 11, 2012
Goruchikkudu Menthi Kura Fry ( Gawar and Methi Leaves Fry)
This is my aunts dish. She is a specialist in creating new curries and stir-fry's instantly. This was created when i asked her to make something vegetarian instead of non-veg when i went to her place last time. it was absolutely yummy and i couldn't wait to try and post it on my blog. enjoy this with hot rice sambar/rasam.
Goruchikkudu- 250gms (chopped into small pieces)
Methi( small methi)- 3 bunches ( cleaned and leaves separated)
Onion- 1 big (chopped into medium pieces)
Green Chillies - 2 medium finely chopped ( you can adjust it accordingly)
Mustard Seeds - 1 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
- Boil the Goruchikkudu for 10 min in salt water , once done drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil , add the mustard seeds , jeera , red chillies and finely chopped green chilies and cook for 2-3 min.
- Now add the Goruchikkudu and fry for 5-10 min.
-Now add the methi leaves ,salt and turmeric powder and cook for another 5-10 min till all the water released from methi leaves dry up.
- Add the onions and cook for another 5 min. Onions have to be crunchy this is the main in this dish, the crunchiness of the onions gives an extra kick to this yummy dish.
- Done enjoy with rice and sambar.