Left over rice - 3 cups
Oil - 5tbsp
Hing - a pinch
Chana dal - 2tbsp
Urad dal -1tsp
Red chillies - 4
Green chillies - 6-7
Peanuts - 3tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1tbsp
Jeera - 1tsp
Ginger finely mashed - 1"
Tamarind pulp - 6tbsp
Salt- as required
-To the rice add 1 tbsp oil , a pinch haldi and little salt and mix well.
- Heat 3tbsp oil add peanuts , chana dal and fry for 2 min.
- Now add mustard seeds , jeera , green chillies , red chillies, curry leaves and fry for 3-4 more mins.
-Switch off the flame and now add the finely mashed ginger and let fry for 1/2 min
-Add the whole mixture to the rice and mix well
- Heat 1tbsp oil add a pinch of haldi , hing and salt and fry for 1 min.
- Now add the tamarind pulp and cook for abt 5-7min till the mixture thickens.
- Add the tamarind mixture to the rice and mix well and serve.